To enter and participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. APURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. You must have Internet access and an active e-mail account to participate.
1. Eligibility: The Keep on Dancing Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older). Employees of ABC National Television Sales, Inc. (“ABC”), Astellas Pharma US, Inc. (“Astellas”) (collectively “Sponsors”), LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc. (“Administrator”), BBC Worldwide Americas, Inc., any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the Grand Prize, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, related and affiliated companies, as well as any persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the Dancing with the Stars television show (“Show”) (collectively, the “Promotion Entities””), and the immediate family and household members of all such foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. “Immediate family members” shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. “Household members”shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential Grand Prize winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility prior to Grand Prize award. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00:01 a.m. ET on September 6, 2017 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 26, 2017 (“Promotion Period”). Administrator’s computer is the official clock for the Sweepstakes.
During the Promotion Period, navigate the Internet to the Sweepstakes home page at www.keepdancingnow.com (the "Website"). o submit an entry, complete the Sweepstakes entry form on the Website. You will be required to provide your full name, mobile/daytime phone number (which will only be used to contact the potential Grand Prize winner) and e-mail address. You will also be asked to indicate your gender and age range. Indicating your gender and age range on theentry form is optional, is not required in order to enter and does not improve your chances of winning.
Limit one (1) entry via the method listed above (“Base Entry”) per person per day during the Promotion Period, regardless of the number of email addresses or accounts a person may have. For the purposes of this Sweepstakes, a “day” is defined as beginning at 12:00:00 a.m. (midnight) ET and ending the following 11:59:59 p.m. ET (except for the first day of the Promotion Period (September 6,2017), which begins at 12:00:01 a.m. ET and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET).
“Invite a Friend” Entry via Twitter: During the Promotion Period, you (the entrant) may obtain up to five (5) additional entriestotalby inviting friends to enter the Sweepstakes, with each such entry earned when your friend first enters the Sweepstakes through your invitation, as described below. After submitting a Base Entry via the method detailed above, you may click on the “INVITEFRIENDS” option on the Website (via Twitter) to share an invitation with your friends to enter the Sweepstakes via a unique link to the entry form to be posted by you to your personal Twitter account. For each one (1) friend (a “Friend”) that you invite to the Sweepstakes, who is eligible for and subsequently enters the Sweepstakes through the link you provided, subject to the terms herein, you will receive one (1) “Invite a Friend” entry (each, an “Invite a Friend Entry”) –up to a maximum of five (5) such Invite a Friend Entries during the Promotion Period.
You may invite as many Friends to enter as you wish, however, the maximum number of “Invite a Friend” Entries you may receive is five (5) total –i.e., a maximum of one (1) Invite a Friend Entry fromup to five (5) different Friends. Only one (1) Invite a Friend Entry will be associated with each Friend who enters the Sweepstakes via this method, regardless of the number of entrants who invite such Friend to enter the Sweepstakes and regardless of the number of times any such Friend subsequently obtains Base Entries into the Sweepstakes. If two or more entrants invite the same Friend to enter the Sweepstakes via the method described above, the one (1) Invite a Friend Entry associated with such Friend will be given to the inviting entrant whose link such Friend first clicked to access the Website and enter the Sweepstakes (as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion). For purposes of clarity, such Friend may still obtain subsequent Base Entries into the Sweepstakes for himself/herself by clicking on other entrants’ invitations to enter the Sweepstakes (subject to the entry limitations stated herein), but such Friend’s one and only Invite a Friend Entry will be given to the first entrant whose link such Friend used to access the Website. Invite a Friend Entries will only be eligible if Administrator determines in its sole discretion that you have fully adhered to the “Invite a Friend” terms and conditions as detailed herein and in compliance withTwitter’s guidelines. Limit of five (5) Invite a Friend Entries total per person and per household during the Promotion Period –an entrant may receive a maximum of one (1) Invite a Friend Entry from up to five (5) different Friends entering the Sweepstakes. The Base Entry and Invite a Friend Entry are collectively referred to herein as “Entries.”
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond ABC’s control that corrupt or affect the administration, security,fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, ABC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, ABC reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the Grand Prize by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by ABC or otherwise award the Grand Prize in a manner which is fair,appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules (time permitting), or to terminate the Sweepstakes and not award the Grand Prize, as determined by ABC in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on the Website. Without limiting the foregoing, in the event the Invite a Friend method of entry is suspended or otherwise becomes unavailable during the Promotion Period due to changes to the terms and/or policies of Twitter which such Entries are offered, ABC reserves the right to remove the Invite a Friend entry method from Twitter for the remainder of the Promotion Period and invalidate all previously received Invite a Friend Entries from Twitter. In such event, the random drawing will be conducted from among the remaining eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. Without limitation of any other term here, ABC and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, technical failures of any kind (including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software), any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Entries (including the inaccurate or incomplete recordation of Invite a Friend Entries); or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, ABC MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
3. Random Drawing and Odds: Potential Grand Prize winner will be selectedvia a random drawing, on or about November 27, 2017, from among all eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period. The random drawing will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group, an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
Odds of winning the Grand Prize depends on total number of eligible Entries received during the Promotion Period.
4. Winner Notification: Potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted by telephone and/or email on or about November 27, 2017. Failure to respond to the initial verification phone call and/or e-mail within seventy-two (72) hours after initial notification to the potential winner or return of the e-mail notification as undeliverable after two (2) attempts will result in disqualification and award of the prize to an alternate winner. Potential winner will be required to complete, sign and return within five (5) business days of transmission, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law, W-9 Form and any other documentation required by ABC (collectively, “Winner Documents”). If potential Grand Prize winner does not respond to the initial notification within seventy-two (72) hours as set forth above, if Winner Documents are not returned to Administrator within the specified time period, if potential Grand Prize winner cannot travel on the designated dates to attendthe Grand Prize event, if any prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, if potential winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or if potential winner cannot or does not accept the prize for any reason, prize may be forfeited and Grand Prize winner will be disqualified without compensation of any kind and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected in a random drawing (time permitting) from remaining eligible Entries received.
The person selected by the Grand Prize winner as his/her intended travel companion must be 18 or older and must also sign and return a travel release within the same time period as provided above for the potential Grand Prize winner to execute and return the Winner Documents.In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associatedwith the submitted e-mail address.
5. Grand Prize and Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”):
Grand Prize (1 Grand Prize winner): The Grand Prize consistsof a 3-day/2-night trip for the winner and a guest to Los Angeles, CA to attend a live taping of an episode of the Show during the Fall 2018 season(the “Trip”). ”). The Grand Prize Trip includes: two (2) admission tickets to ataping of Show in Los Angeles during the Fall 2018 season (date and location of Show taping are subject to change); two (2) nights hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy, room and tax only) at a Los Angeles area hotel selected by ABC in its sole discretion; roundtrip coach air transportation for two (2)to Los Angeles from a major airport near winner’s residence (as selected by ABC) to a Los Angeles area airport selected by ABC; roundtrip ground transportation to/from the Los Angeles area airport and hotel; and ground transportation to/from Los Angeles hotel and Show taping.
Grand Prize trip must be completed bythe end of the Fall 2018 season of the Show.. Travel dates to be mutually agreed upon by Grand Prize winner and ABC based on projected taping schedule ofthe Show. Grand Prize winner must provide ABC with three (3) possible travel dates with at least six (6) weeks advance notice prior to the earliest potential date of departure; however, ABC’s decision as to actual travel dates is final and binding. Once travel is booked, travel dates cannot be changed unless by ABC inits sole discretion. If winner is unable to travel once the travel dates are booked, the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and Sponsor swill have no further obligations to the Grand Prize winner. Date and location of Show are subject to change.
In the event the Grand Prize winner is able to participate in the tripas scheduled but the Show taping does not or cannot take place as scheduled or at all, for reasons including but not limited to scheduling conflicts, cancellations, postponement, location changes, an event of force majeure, or for any other reason, then Sponsors reserve the right to award the remainder of the prize (i.e., a trip to Los Angeles) with no further obligation to the Grand Prize winner. Show taping is subject to, and Sponsors are not responsible for, changes to production schedule, production exigencies or delays, postponements or cancellation of the Show. Without limiting the foregoing, no cash alternative or prize substitutions will be allowed, except Sponsors reservethe right to substitute prize(s) or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. Travel dates subject to approval by ABC. If winner’s residence is within one hundred (100) miles of Los Angeles, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air travel and no substitute prize or compensation will be awarded.
Winner and guest must comply with the Show’s rules and regulations at all times. Failure to do so may result in forfeiture of this portion of the prize. Winner acknowledges and agrees that portion of prize relating to attendance at Show taping has no retail value and should such portions of the prize become unavailable for any reason, Sponsors and their agencies shall have no further obligations in that regard other than to deliver a trip to Los Angeles as detailed, and subject to, the terms herein.
Grand Prize Winner is solely responsible for all other expenses related to the trips not specified herein, including but not limited to meals, beverages, tips, taxes, travel insurance, and hotel incidentals. Grand Prize winner and guest must travel together on specified itinerary, including same departure location and date, and return location and date or applicable trip may be forfeited in its entirety. Accommodation restrictions and blackout dates may apply. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and ABC’s approval. Sponsors are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Certain documentation and requirements may be necessary for travel, such as photo identification. Grand Prize winner and his/herguest are solely responsible for any documentation and requirements and determining applicable procedures and restrictions. In addition, the Grand Prize winner may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in. Winner andguest must provide own transportation to and from departure airport.
Grand Prize winner and his/her guest are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents prior to departure.
ARV of Grand Prize: $2,500.00. There is no retail value associated with the Show taping portion of the Grand Prize. Actual final value of Trip may be higher or lower based on point of departure and hotel availability and cost as determined at time of purchase and travel. Grand Prize winner will not receive cash or any other form of compensation if actual travel costs are less than the ARV in these Official Rules.
No substitution or transfer of prize (or portion thereof) except with Sponsors’permission or where required by law. If for any reason any announced prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable, Sponsors in their sole discretion may award a substitute prize/prize component of equal or greater value (except as otherwise indicated herein). Prize(s) is not redeemable for cash. Grand Prize winner will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting the actual retail value of the Grand Prize. All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility.
Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner, who will receive a 1099 tax form reflecting actual value of the Grand Prize.
SPONSORS MAKE NO WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION, OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE USE OF ANY PRIZE COMPONENT, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ITS QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.
6. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (a) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of ABC and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects; and (b) to release, discharge and hold harmless ABC, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., Astellas, Administrator, BBC Worldwide Americas, Inc., Twitter, Inc., persons involved in the production and broadcast of the Show (including cast and crew),each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and Grand Prize suppliers, any entity responsible for the administration of this Sweepstakes, each of the foregoing entities’respective parent, subsidiary, related, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, injury, loss or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including without limitation, any travel related thereto), and/or from entrant’s acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of the Grand Prize or component thereof (including without limitation, any failure to pay taxes thereon).
By accepting the Grand Prize, Grand Prize winner and Grand Prize winner’s guestgrant ABC and its designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, Grand Prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner’s list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. ABC and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at ABC’s discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All Entries become the property of ABC and will not be acknowledged.
7. Disputes: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, orthe awarding of prizes/determination of prize winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of JAMS, then effective (not withstanding the foregoing, entrant shall not be precluded from seeking relief in small claims court for disputes/claims within the scope of the jurisdiction of small claims court and any remedies available to entrant under applicable federal, state or local law remain available to entrant and are not waived pursuant to this section); (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering thisS weepstakes but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased and any and all rights to injunctive relief. The arbitrator hearing such dispute/claim/cause of action shall be neutral and the entrant will have a reasonable opportunity to participate in the selection of the arbitrator. Such arbitration will take place at a location near the entrant’s residence and the entrant has the right to an in-person hearing in the arbitration proceeding, if desired. The arbitration will allow for the discovery and/or exchange of non-privileged information between entrant and Promotion Entities. Should an entrant initiate arbitration pursuant to this section, the entrant shall be responsible for JAMS’s fees to do so (approximately, $250), with all other costs of such arbitration being borne solely by Promotion Entities. If entrant is a California resident and one or more of the Promotion Entities is the prevailing party in such arbitration, such entrant will not be responsible for Promotion Entities’ costs and fees in conjunction with the arbitration proceeding; BUT, IN ALL OTHER CASES, ENTRANT WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH COSTS/FEES IF REQUIRED BY THE ARBITRATOR’S RULING.For the avoidance of doubt, the requirement to arbitrate disputes pursuant to this section is reciprocal and binding both upon entrants and Promotion Entities. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
8. Sponsors: ABC National Television Sales, Inc., 77 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023; and Astellas Pharma US, Inc., 1 Astellas Way, Northbrook, IL 60062-6111.
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
10. Winner List: FFor the name of the Grand Prize winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: The Keep on Dancing Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 440 9th Avenue, 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. All such requests must be received by December 31, 2017.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter. You understand that you are providing your information to ABC and not to Twitter.